Labels

combat (1) dungeon (1) Guide (1) info (1) information (1) quest (1) review (1) RS (1) Runescape (1) skill (1)

Friday, October 8, 2010

Useful Items

This is something I have yet to see. it is a list of useful items to keep around your desk (or where ever you normally play Runescape) or within easy access on your computer. Please note that this is just the stuff I like to have on hand. you may find some of the things I use don't suit you for some reason or another. we'll start with the stuff I keep at my desk.

I like to keep a few pads of paper, and a few pens and pencils. This is very good for taking notes. I take notes from what I see on fan-sites, how much materials i need to make, or how much money I'd need for a certain outfit or resource. it's also useful for copying answers in a quest guide where you need to say certain exact words to an NPC.

A calculator is very useful for figuring out how much something will cost. For example, when i was trying to figure out how many gold bars I'd have to smith to get a certain smithing level, I used a guide and calculated that I'd need 1,200-something bars to get 60 smithing. a calculator is much faster (and can save you lots of GP) than pencil and paper.

An extremely useful thing that you can find on Rune HQ, and may want to copy into Excel, is an XP to Level chart. This is a chart that says how much total XP is needed for a certain level. This is another item that can save you oodles of GP.

One item that is very useful is a way of sorting all the slips of paper you put your notes in or on. you could use folders, a file cabinet, a small shelving unit, or anything else of the like.

That's about it for items around your computer space, now for items on your computer.

The first item i recommend for your computer is the Runescape Game Bar. This is a tool bar that goes on your browser that updates you on Runescape-related information, such as updates, Grand Exchange offers, and Distractions & Diversions. It also has links to major parts of the official Runescape website. As of November 17, 2010, the game bar only has tree Distractions & Diversions: Tears of Guthix, receiving sand deliveries, and exchanging Hanky Points at the Thieves' Guild.

Another very helpful item is to have some Runescape fan-sites in your Favorites (bookmarks) list. This is a great time saver, because you won't have to type in the URL of the fan-sites every time you want to look something up.

How boring is it to sit and watch your character swing a hatchet at a magic tree? pretty boring. one trick to ending this boredom is to have a few podcasts on your hard drive. i don't recommend playing them straight from iTunes. I recommend playing them on Quicktime Player, or anything like it. The problem with playing off iTunes is iTunes uses a lot of RAM and will significantly lower the speed of your game. My personal favorite Runescape podcast is Runescape Weekly, hosted by Magebot
One other way to curb this boredom (this also fits under 'Stuff To Have Around Your Computer' section) is to keep a couple magazines next to your computer of any genre your interested in (if you followed my link to Flickr, you'll see I'm a train nut, so i choose railroad magazines.)

These items listed here are all easy to access, and quick to obtain. My guess is it would take you only 15 minutes to get everything together, and yet, it can easily save you many hours. As I stated before: these are just items I like to use. you may have things to add or change, and there is absolutely no problem with that. I do hope that you take the time to get these items, and try it out. if you have anything to add or change, please comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment